IEEE RAM Special Issue on Surgical Robot Challenge
The June 2017 issue of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine features some great articles on surgical robotics. It is freely accessible to IEEE RAS members. Some examples of the articles:
- Miniaturized Instruments for the da Vinci Research Kit: Design and Implementation of Custom Continuum Tools by Peter Francis et al.
- Stormram 3: A Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Compatible Robotic System for Breast Biopsy by Vincent Groenhuiset al.
- Concentric Tube Robots: Rapid, Stable Path-Planning and Guidance for Surgical Use by Konrad Leibrandt et al.
- A Breakthrough in Tumor Localization: Combining Tactile Sensing and Ultrasound to Improve Tumor Localization in Robotics-Assisted Minimally Invasive Surgery by Anish S. Naidu et al.
- From Macro to Micro: Autonomous Multiscale Image Fusion for Robotic Surgery by Lin Zhang t al.
- Gastric Cancer Screening in Low-Income Countries: System Design, Fabrication, and Analysis for an Ultralow-Cost Endoscopy Procedure by Federico Campisano et al.
Source: IEEE RAM